Pattern-Selective Epitaxial Growth of Twin-Free Pd Nanowires from Supported Nanocrystal Seeds
- Pattern-Selective Epitaxial Growth of Twin-Free Pd Nanowires from Supported Nanocrystal Seeds
- 유영동; Ilsun Yoon; Hyoban Lee; Jihee Ahn; 안재평; 김봉수
- palladium; nanowire; epitaxial growth; single-crystalline; twinfree; localized surface plasmon resonance
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano
- VOL 4, NO 5, 2919-2927
- We report that twin-free single-crystalline Pd nanowire (NW) arrays grow epitaxially in a selected
pattern on a substrate. Parallel aligned Pd NWs are synthesized on a SrTiO3 (110) substrate in a very high density.
On a SrTiO3 (001) substrate, Pd NWs grow horizontally in two perpendicular directions. Vertical Pd NWs are
synthesized instead of horizontal NWs when a c-cut sapphire substrate is employed. We reveal that the atomic
structure of the substrate surface determines the geometry and orientation of seeds, which in turn direct the
growth patterns of the NWs. The interface energy between the NW material and the substrate is also critical in
determining the NW growth pattern. Polarization-dependent localized surface plasmon resonance of assynthesized
epitaxial Pd NW arrays is investigated for application as a plasmonic platform.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.