Effect of heat treatment on electrochemical characteristics of spinel lithium titanium oxide
- Effect of heat treatment on electrochemical characteristics of spinel lithium titanium oxide
- 홍성철; 홍헌표; 조병원; 나병기
- Lithium-ion Battery; Anode; Lithium Titanium Oxide; Spinel
- Issue Date
- The Korean journal of chemical engineering
- VOL 27, NO 1, 91-95
- Spinel structured LTO (lithium titanium oxide), Li4Ti5O12, materials have gained renewed interest in electrodes
for lithium-ion batteries. Powder precursors were mixed by HEBM (high energy-ball mill) and Li4Ti5O12 was
formed by calcinations at high temperature. The influence of excess Li on the structural characteristics of lithium titanium
oxide was investigated. According to the XRD and SEM analysis, uniformly distributed Li4Ti5O12 particles were synthesized.
Li4Ti5O12 had different characteristics due to the precursor sizes and the heat treatment temperatures. LTO
from micro TiO2 showed the highest discharge capacity at 750 oC for 12 h. LTO from nano TiO2 showed the highest
discharge capacity at 700 ℃ for 12 h. Lithium-ion battery with Li4Ti5O12 anode and lithium metal cathode showed the
capacity of 170 mAh/g at 1.0-3.0 V.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.