Leakage current mechanism and effect of oxygen vacancy on the leakage current of Bi5Nb3O15 films
- Leakage current mechanism and effect of oxygen vacancy on the leakage current of Bi5Nb3O15 films
- 조경훈; 최창학; 최주영; 성태근; 남산; 강종윤; 윤석진; 김종희
- Films; Capacitors; Bi5Nb3O15; Leakage current density
- Issue Date
- Journal of the European Ceramic Society
- VOL 30, NO 2, 513-516
- The effect of oxygen partial pressure (OPP) on the leakage current density of Bi5Nb3O15 (B5N3) films grown on Pt electrodes was investigated.
The leakage current density was very high for the film grown under a low OPP of 1.7mTorr, but was significantly reduced by the subsequent
annealing under a high oxygen pressure or for the film grown under high OPP of 5.1mTorr. The variation of the leakage current density with OPP
was explained by the number of oxygen vacancies, which produced electron trap sites at the interface between the Pt electrode and the B5N3 film.
Schottky emission was postulated as the leakage current mechanism of the B5N3 films. The barrier height between the Pt electrode and the B5N3
film grown under a high OPP of 5.1mTorr was approximately 1.55 eV, but decreased to 0.81 eV for the film grown under a low OPP of 1.7mTorr
due to the presence of the oxygen vacancy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.