Preparation of nanosized NiO powders by mixing acid and base nickel salts and their reduction behavior
- Preparation of nanosized NiO powders by mixing acid and base nickel salts and their reduction behavior
- 김창삼; 윤동훈; 전성운; 권혁보; 박상환
- NiO; nanopowder; synthesis; Ni salt; NiO powder; Ni powder; Particle size; Particle shape
- Issue Date
- 韓國結晶成長學會誌; Journal of Korean Association of Crystal Growth
- VOL 20, NO 6, 283-288
- Nanosized NiO powder was prepared by mixing an acid nickel salt and a base nickel salt and their reduction
behavior was studied. Ni formate was employed as an acid salt and nickel hydroxide and basic nickel carbonate as base
salts. One equivalent acid salt was mixed with 9 equivalent base salt. The mixture of the formate and the carbonate
produced ~100 nm spherical NiO powder by heat treatment at 750℃/2 h, but the mixture of the formate and the hydroxide
gave rise to ~100 nm pseudo spherical NiO powder by heat treatment at 600℃/2 h and grew fast to give pseudo cubic
crystals of 100~600 nm by heat treatment at 750℃/2 h. Reduction by hydrogen gas proceeded much faster for the one with
the hydroxide than that with the carbonate to give porous body with well grown necks. Their behavior was studied by
analysis of TG/DSC, XRD, and SEM.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.