Effect of PtRu alloying degree on electrocatalytic activities and stabilities
- Effect of PtRu alloying degree on electrocatalytic activities and stabilities
- 이국승; 전태열; 유성종; 박인수; 조용훈; 강순형; 최광현; 성영은
- 메탄올 직접 연료전지; PtRu 합금; stability; Electrochemical stability; Alloying degree; Direct methanol fuel cell; XPS element mapping; Bifunctional mechanism
- Issue Date
- Applied catalysis B, Environmental
- VOL 102, NO 1-2, 334-342
- The PtRu alloying degree was controlled by mixing various amounts of water in the solvent while the nominal Pt/Ru ratio was remained at the value of one, and the relationship between the alloying degree and electrochemical activities was examined in this study. X-ray diffraction analysis showed that the fraction of the alloyed Ru ranged from approximately 18% for 100% water solvent to 86% for 0% water solvent. In X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), Pt and Ru metallic components increased with the PtRu alloying degree. Electrochemical activities for CO oxidation and methanol oxidation were enhanced as the PtRu alloying degree became higher. Electrochemical stability was also investigated via potential cycling in a methanol-contained electrolyte solution. After the potential cycling process, the catalysts were analyzed by transmission electron microscopy, XPS, XPS element mapping. Possible reasons for the difference in the electrochemical stability of the catalysts were discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.