Network-adaptive autonomic transcoding algorithm for seamless streaming media service of mobile clients
- Network-adaptive autonomic transcoding algorithm for seamless streaming media service of mobile clients
- 서동만; 정인범
- Transcoding; Mobile client; Wireless; Network adaptive QoS; Streaming; Bit-rate
- Issue Date
- Multimedia tools and applications
- VOL 51, NO 3, 897-912
- As a result of improvements in wireless communication technologies, a
multimedia data streaming service can now be provided for mobile clients. Since
mobile devices have low computing power and work on a low network bandwidth, a
transcoding technology is needed to adapt the original streaming media for mobile
environments. However, wireless networks have variable bandwidths depending on
the movement of clients and the communication distance from Access Point (AP).
These characteristics make it hard to support stableQuality of Service (QoS) streams
for mobile clients. In this paper, a target transcoding bit-rate decision algorithm
is proposed to provide stable QoS streams for mobile clients. In our experiments,
the proposed algorithm provides seamless streaming media services based on the
network adaptive bit rate control and reduces transmission failure.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.