UPnP Network Bridge for Supporting Interoperability through Non-IP Channels
- UPnP Network Bridge for Supporting Interoperability through Non-IP Channels
- 백영민; 안상철; 권용무
- UPnP; Bridge; Non-IP network; Virtual device; general control point
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on consumer electronics
- VOL 56, NO 4, 2226-2232
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is widely used
to organize home network systems because of its
straightforward implementation. However, UPnP networks
are based only on TCP/IP, and operation proceeds within a
single IP subnet. Previously, no mechanism was available to
combine two UPnP networks via non-IP communication.
Here, we report the implementation of a UPnP bridge that
binds two different networks into a virtual single UPnP
network. This allows a control point to use devices registered
in another network segment. Furthermore, the bridge protocol
utilizes non-IP abstraction communication, which widens the
UPnP network to include non-IP networks.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.