Pharmacological studies of Cav3.1 T-type calcium channels using automated patch-clamp techniques
- Pharmacological studies of Cav3.1 T-type calcium channels using automated patch-clamp techniques
- 최기현; 송치만; 정찬성; 임혜원
- T-type calcium channel; Cav3.1; Automated patch-clamp; Drug discovery
- Issue Date
- General physiology and biophysics
- VOL 30, 100-105
- T-type calcium channels are involved in a variety of physiological and pathophysiological
processes, and thus could be therapeutic targets. However, there is no T-type channel selective
blocker for use in clinical practice, demanding a need for the development of novel drugs where
a higher-throughput screening system is required. Here we present pharmacological studies on
Cav3.1 T-type channels using automated patch-clamp. The IC50 values obtained from automated
patch-clamp and conventional one showed a good correlation (correlation coefficient of 0.82),
suggesting that the automated patch-clamp is an efficient and reliable method for ranking the drug
potencies for T-type channels.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.