Prediction of Lithium Diffusion Coefficient and Rate Performance by using the Discharge Curves of LiFePO4 Materials
- Prediction of Lithium Diffusion Coefficient and Rate Performance by using the Discharge Curves of LiFePO4 Materials
- 류승호; 박창규; 장호; 신치범; 조원일
- LiFePO4; carbon coating; Cr doping; Diffusion coefficient; Fitting discharge curve
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 32, NO 3, 852-856
- The lithium ion diffusion coefficients of bare, carbon-coated and Cr-doped LiFePO4 were obtained by fitting
the discharge curves of each half cell with Li metal anode. Diffusion losses at discharge curves were acquired
with experiment data and fitted to equations. Theoretically fitted equations showed good agreement with
experimental results. Moreover, theoretical equations are able to predict lithium diffusion coefficient and
discharge curves at various discharge rates. The obtained diffusion coefficients were similar to the true
diffusion coefficient of phase transformation electrodes. Lithium ion diffusion is one of main factors that
determine voltage drop in a half cell with LiFePO4 cathode and Li metal anode. The high diffusion coefficient
of carbon-coated and Cr-doped LiFePO4 resulted in better performance at the discharge process. The
performance at high discharge rate was improved much as diffusion coefficient increased.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.