Mechanical synthesis and rapid consolidation of a nanocrystalline 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07-Al2O3 composite by high-frequency induction heating
- Mechanical synthesis and rapid consolidation of a nanocrystalline 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07-Al2O3 composite by high-frequency induction heating
- 손인진; 두송리; 고인용; 김태완; 도정만; 윤진국; 박상환
- Nanostructured materials; Sintering; Mechanical alloying; Mechanical properties; Composite materials
- Issue Date
- Ceramics international
- VOL 37, NO 4, 1353-1357
- Nanopowders of 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07 and Al2O3 were synthesized from Fe2O3, Cr, Si, and Al powders by high-energy ball milling. A
high-density nanocrystalline 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07–Al2O3 composite was consolidated by a high-frequency, induction-heated sintering
(HFIHS) method within three minutes from mechanically synthesized powders of Al2O3 and 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07. The advantage of this
process is that it allows very quick densification to near theoretical density and prohibits grain growth in nano-structured materials. The average
grain sizes of Al2O3 and 5.33Fe0.37Cr0.16Al0.4Si0.07 were 99 nm and 14 nm, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.