New Bipolar Green Host Materials Containing Benzimidazole-Carbazole Moiety in Phosphorescent OLEDs
- New Bipolar Green Host Materials Containing Benzimidazole-Carbazole Moiety in Phosphorescent OLEDs
- 박정환; 김은경; 이브라임; 정수진; 최대혁; 김동하; 유경호; 권장혁; 이소하
- Benzimidazole; Carbazole; Phosphorescent green host; OLED
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 32, NO 2, 841-846
- New green host materials, 9-phenyl-3-(4-(1-phenyl-1H-benzo[d] imidazol-2-yl)phenyl)-9H-carbazole (3a)
and 9-(naphthyl-2-yl)-3-(4-(1-phenyl-1H-benzo[d]imidazol-2-yl)phenyl)-9H-carbazole (3b), have been
designed and synthesized by attaching the electron transporting benzimidazole moiety to the hole transporting
carbazole unit. These compounds have similar HOMO, LUMO levels and band-gap characteristics compared
with CBP (4,4'-di(N-carbazolyl)biphenyl). The fabricated green phosphorescent OLED with this 3a host shows
much better device performances compared to CBP-based one. The current and power efficiency is enhanced
at least by 60 percent at a given constant luminance of 1000 cd/㎡.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.