Ruling Technology: Culturally Different Domestication Process
- Ruling Technology: Culturally Different Domestication Process
- 권규현; 이영석; 박지형
- CSCW; Socialization; Seniors; Silver; Technology acceptance; domestication of technology; cultural interface; product design; socializing technology
- Issue Date
- The 2011 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- In this paper, we provided the conceptual explanation of the technology domestication theory and reviewed the four dimensions of domestication and discussed its practicality using a case study investigating Korean senior's experience with mobile phones. Our findings indicated that the process of domestication behavior in Korea is highly coupled with cultural and social variables. We concluded that socializing technology among seniors in different cultures requires understanding of culturally different domestication process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.