Characterization of plasma-sprayed Y2O3 coating and investigation of its visual aspect change
- Characterization of plasma-sprayed Y2O3 coating and investigation of its visual aspect change
- 석현광; 최은영; 차필령; 손명찬; 최병용
- Y2O3 coating; Black spot; Plasma spray coating; Semi-conductor fabrication equipment; Visual aspect
- Issue Date
- Surface & coatings technology
- VOL 205, NO 11, 3341-3346
- Yttria (Y2O3) has been commonly used as a protective coating material because it has strong resistance to
plasma erosion with reducing the amount of reaction products generated during the semiconductor/LCD
fabrication process. We have investigated the visual aspect of the plasma-sprayed Y2O3 coating both
experimentally and numerically to propose the process conditions proper for white Y2O3 coating. It was
demonstrated that heating of the particle surface in oxygen deficient plasma jet core resulted in the reduction
of coating materials associated with the formation of black spots, while the re-oxidation of reduced feed stock
materials at long spray distance, where they were exposed to relatively lower temperature of plasma and
abundant oxygen, caused the whitening of coating. Based on the results, we proposed a spray coating
condition proper for reducing the black spots formed in protective Y2O3 ceramic coating.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.