Enhanced activity of Pt-based electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction via a selective Pt deposition process
- Enhanced activity of Pt-based electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction via a selective Pt deposition process
- 전태열; Nicola Pinn; 유성종; 유승호; 김상경; 임상엽; 백동현; 정두환; 성영은
- Pt nanoparticle; Oxygen reduction reaction; Surface defect; Electrocatalyst
- Issue Date
- Journal of electroanalytical chemistry
- VOL 662, NO 1, 70-79
- Carbon-supported Pt nanoparticles with various loading of Pt are prepared by a novel
seed-mediated growth method using hydroquinone (HQ) assisted selective deposition.
The structural and morphological dependence of the Pt nanoparticles on the catalytic
activity in oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) is investigated. The analysis of core-level
X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray absorption fine structure (XAFS)
cannot elucidate the origin of the large enhancement of the ORR activity. In contrast,
electrochemical measurements of the CO-displacement charge and the concomitant CO
adlayer oxidation behavior prove that the selective deposition of additional Pt
contributed to the decrease of surface defects and to the increase of the onset potential
for OH adsorption.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.