Control of Size and Distribution of Pt Nano-particles for Fuel Cell Application
- Control of Size and Distribution of Pt Nano-particles for Fuel Cell Application
- 김정운; 황승준; 유성종; 임태훈; 남석우; 김수길; 권오중; 하정숙
- PEMFC; Pt catalyst; Size control; Oxygen reduction
- Issue Date
- EVER 2011
- , 30
- In spite of the novel approaches to develop high activity and durability electrocatalysts for proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC), Pt/C catalysts still the only commercially available one with reliable activity and durability. In this paper the size and distribution of Pt catalyst supported on carbon was controlled by using FeCl3 as an additive to achieve high activity toward oxygen reduction reaction (ORR). Using the polyol method, 20 wt% Pt/C catalysts are produced with the control parameters of FeCl3 concentration, pH and temperature. In the presence of FeCl3 the size of Pt particles is significantly reduces through the interaction of Pt growth mechanism with Fe3+ ions. Under the optimized fabrication condition, the average Pt particle size, size distribution, the electrochemically active surface area, and the mass activity are much better than those of commercial and homemade Pt/C prepared in the absence of FeCl3.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.