Study of the magnetoresistance of magnetic film modified by using ion beams
- Study of the magnetoresistance of magnetic film modified by using ion beams
- 석재권; 전일근; 김택수; 송종한; 이재용
- magnetic multilayers; magnetic thin films; magnetoresistance; transmission electron microscopy
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 109, 07C730-1-07C730-3
- We have studied the magnetoresistance (MR) of locally modified Cu(20 nm)/AlOx(1 nm)/NiFe
(20 nm)/AlOx(1 nm)/Cu(3 nm) on a Si substrate. The local modification was performed by
irradiating Cu ion beams on a photoresist wire-covered film. After irradiation, the hysteresis loop
shows step-like behavior at a specific ion dose, which is caused by the difference in the switching
fields of the irradiated and unirradiated region of the film. Because of this, plateau-like behavior is
observed in the transverse MR measurement of the film with 1x1016 ions/㎠. A cross-sectional
transmission electron microscopy image shows the irradiation induced intermixing of the magnetic
layer with nonmagnetic layers.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.