Removal of phosphate from aqueous solution by functionalized mesoporous materials
- Removal of phosphate from aqueous solution by functionalized mesoporous materials
- 최재우; 이승연; 정승건; 홍석원; 김동주; 이상협
- amine functionalized; mesostructure; phosphate; post synthesis; one-pot synthesis
- Issue Date
- Water, air, and soil pollution
- VOL 222, 243-254
- In the present study, the applications of mesoporous materials based on silica, namely post synthesized, one-pot synthesized and pure MCM-41, were investigated for the removal of phosphate from aqueous solution. The mesostructures were confirmed by X-ray diffraction (XRD), Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET), Fourier transform spectroscopy (FT-IR) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The absorptions of phosphate by the mesoporous adsorbents were examined, with different adsorption models used to describe the equilibrium and kinetic data. The maximum adsorption capacities of the mesostructure adsorbents were found to be 45.162, 40.806 and 31.123 mg g-1 14 for the post synthesized, one-pot synthesized and pure MCM-41, respectively. The kinetic data showed that the adsorptions of phosphate onto the post synthesized and pure MCM-41 followed the pseudo-first-order kinetic model; whereas, the one pot synthesized adsorbent was described by the pseudo-second-order model.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.