Fabrication of dual drug-eluting stent coating and their release behavior
- Fabrication of dual drug-eluting stent coating and their release behavior
- 김동민; 강종희; 박귀덕; 한동근
- Biodegradable polymer; ALA; ReoPro; electrospray
- Issue Date
- 2011년 춘계 학술대회 연구논문 초록집 (2011년 춘계 고분자학회)
- Biodegradable and biocompatible polymers were used as a drug carrier for both alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and ReoPro. Main function of ALA is to increase production of glutathione and ReoPro is a potent inhibitor that blocks the final pathway of platelet aggregation. Since drug-eluting stent (DES) has been used for the patients of coronary artery disease, a novel concept of stent can significantly improve the coronary occlusion and restenosis. In this study a hierarchical structure composed of three layers such as top, barrier, and bottom was formed on the stent surface using electrospraying or ultrasonic nanocoating. The release behaviors of dual drugs are of particular interest. The thickness of each layer was about 4~6 μm and the whole thickness was less than 15 μm. The release behaviors of dual drugs were significantly affected by the presence of a barrier layer within the polymer coating matrix. Current design of polymer coating may be useful in delivering multiple drugs at a time from DES.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.