Sirolimus-eluting stent coated by ultrasonic spray and control drug release
- Sirolimus-eluting stent coated by ultrasonic spray and control drug release
- 장부남; 최지연; 강종희; 박귀덕; 노인섭; 한동근
- Issue Date
- 2011년 춘계 학술대회 연구논문 초록집 (2011년 춘계 고분자학회)
- , 122-123
- One of the solutions about in-stent restenosis and late thrombosis is to use drug that can prevent tissue hyperplasia followed by vascular injury in coronary stent. Sirolimus (SRL) is a popular drug for this purpose. In this study, SRL-loaded polymer coating on stent was carried out by ultrasonic spraying. In particular, top coating was applied for the control of SRL release from stent. In ultrasonic spraying, factors such as vibration frequency, gas pressure and solution concentration, were dominant in controlling the coating thickness and smoothness. From FE-SEM images, it was confirmed that the thickness of polymer layer was 5±1 µm. The loading amount of SRL was 100 μg/㎠. It was identified that top-coating and solvent system was affected by release behavior of SRL. Depending on the thickness and/or type of polymers, top-coating on drug-in-polymer layer produced significantly different release profiles. Solvent system influenced the release kinetics as well.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.