Hydrogen Production By Splitting Water On Solid Acid Materials By Thermal Dissociation
- Hydrogen Production By Splitting Water On Solid Acid Materials By Thermal Dissociation
- 조영상; 김주희
- 수소 생산; 물 분해; 고체산; 물 분해 메카니즘; Hydrogen production; Water splitting; Water splitting mechanism on solid acid
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 36, NO 14, 8192-8202
- Conventionally, there have been three basic ways of research on H2 production from H2Osplitting
with solar energy: photo-catalytic, photo-electrochemical and thermochemical.
Among them the thermal dissociation of H2O has been considered the most efficient,
because it is a single step energy conversion process and gives much higher conversion
efficiency than those resulted from other methods. However, the major stumbling block of
thermal dissociation of H2O has been the requirement of a high dissociation temperature
which causes problems both with materials for the reactor and with energy conversion
efficiency for the process. In this study, we show that the dissociation temperature can be
drastically lowered when H2O is thermally dissociated on solid acid materials. A probable
mechanism of the thermal H2O-splitting on solid acid materials is also presented, based on
some experimental results of this study and reports in the literature.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.