Crystalline Ge quantum dots embedded in SiO2 matrix synthesized by plasma immersion ion implantation
- Crystalline Ge quantum dots embedded in SiO2 matrix synthesized by plasma immersion ion implantation
- 전준홍; 최진영; 박원웅; 문선우; 박경원; 임상호; 한승희
- germanium; quantum dot; ion implantation; PIII
- Issue Date
- VOL 22, NO 28, 285605-1-285605-6
- A new plasma process, i.e. a combination of plasma immersion ion implantation and deposition
(PIII&D) and high power impulse magnetron sputtering (HiPIMS), was developed to implant
non-gaseous ions into material surfaces. The new process has the great advantage that thin film
deposition and non-gaseous ion implantation can be achieved in a single plasma chamber. In
this study, Ge ions were successfully implanted into SiO2 thin film, which resulted in uniformly
and homogeneously distributed crystalline Ge quantum dots (Ge-QDs) embedded in a SiO2
matrix even without a further annealing process. Broader areas of application of PIII&D
technology are envisaged with this newly developed process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.