Single Quantum Dot (QD) manipulation on nanowire using dielectrophoretic (DEP) force
- Single Quantum Dot (QD) manipulation on nanowire using dielectrophoretic (DEP) force
- 김진식; 이상엽; 서준교; 박정호; 신현준
- Single Photon Source; Quantum Dot; Metal Nanowire; Surface Plasmon Resonance; Nano-particle manipulation; Dielectrophoretic (DEP) force
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 7927 (Photonics west 2011)
- VOL 7927, 79270V-1-79270V-6
- Au nanowires of 100 nm, 200nm and 400 nm widths with micro scale Au electrode were fabricated as electrodes to
apply high electric field gradient for strong DEP force within the nanometer range. Au nanowires were fabricated on a
silicon dioxide (SiO2) using lift-off process after e-beam lithography and e-beam evaporation. E-beam resister (ER) was
patterned and a 50 nm thick Au layer. Photo resister (PR) was patterned to make Au microelectrode and did lift-off
process. The Au nanowires with microelectrode were covered with SiO2 layer deposited with PECVD resulting in 1 um
thick. Opened end of gold nanowires, the target surface for QD immobilization, were formed using etching processes.
Single QD immobilization on the nanowire end-facet was accomplished through positive DEP force. Sine wave of 8
Vpp intensity and 3 MHz frequency was applied and it induced electric field of 108 V/m intensity and electric field
gradient around Au nanowire to make strong positive DEP. Optical analysis confirmed the attachment of single QD on
the nanowire. A single 25 nm diameter QD was manipulated on 100 nm, 200 nm and 400 nm width nanowires when 8
Vpp, 3 MHz sine wave was applied.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.