Ice Slurry Making Characteristics of the Horizontal Screw Type Ice Slurry Maker
- Ice Slurry Making Characteristics of the Horizontal Screw Type Ice Slurry Maker
- 이상훈; 유호선; 신유환; 이윤표
- Ice Slurry Maker; IPF; Visualization; District Cooling; Supercooling; 아이스슬러리 제빙기; 빙체적율; 가시화; 지역냉방; 과냉각
- Issue Date
- Proceedings of International Conference on Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration 2011
- , 93-98
- A horizontal screw type ice slurry maker was developed. In order to investigate ice slurry
formation in the ice slurry maker, visualization was performed. Using a refrigerator, which used R134a as
refrigerant, heat transfer coefficient and IPF (Ice Packing Factor) were measured. Through the visualization,
it was found that, when PG (Propylene Glycol) 7% solution passed through an ice slurry making tube, ice
particles began to be formed and that ice particles thus formed were pushed, in the form of ice slurry, out of
the ice slurry making tube by the rotation of the screw. The overall heat transfer coefficient before the ice
slurry formation was 5.185 kW/㎡°C, and it increased to 9.716 kW/m2°C at the beginning of ice particle
formation, and dropped to 3.858 kW/㎡°C, showing a somewhat steady low value afterwards. The horizontal
screw type ice slurry maker was able to generate the ice slurry of 40% IPF.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.