Haptic Feedback of Mouse Interface Using an Electromagnet
- Haptic Feedback of Mouse Interface Using an Electromagnet
- 박완주; 박세형; 김래현; 신승재
- Haptic mouse; electromagnet; force feedback
- Issue Date
- IEEE International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems
- , 643-646
- In this paper, we propose a haptic feedback mouse
that is actuated by an electromagnet. The haptic mouse works
like a normal optical mouse but attraction force is generated
between the electromagnet and a ferromagnetic mouse pad.
We introduce some examples using the haptic mouse. For
example, when the mouse cursor moves into the clickable area,
magnetic attraction generates strong friction, allowing the user
to find the target easily. In another example, the system gives
the user tactile feedback when the mouse cursor passes lines.
This would be helpful to increase working efficiency for CAD
work and could graphic designers who must perform
abundant mouse control to select lines. If this system is
integrated into computer games, it can provide the game user
with various tactile experiences.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.