Fabrication and Mechanical Properties of Nanostructured Al2O3-MgSiO3-SiO2 Composites Synthesized by Pulsed Current Activated Combustion of Mechanically Activated Powder
- Fabrication and Mechanical Properties of Nanostructured Al2O3-MgSiO3-SiO2 Composites Synthesized by Pulsed Current Activated Combustion of Mechanically Activated Powder
- 손인진; 강현수; 도정만; 윤진국
- Compound; Nanostructure; Sintering; Mechanical properties; Pulsed current activated combustion
- Issue Date
- 대한금속 . 재료학회지; Journal of the Korean Institute of Metals and Materials
- VOL 49, NO 7, 565-569
- Nanopowders of MgO, Al2O3 and SiO2 were made by high-energy ball milling. The fast sintering
of nanostructured Al2O3-MgSiO3-SiO2 composites was investigated from mechanically activated powders of
MgO, Al2O3 and SiO2 by a pulsed-current activated sintering process. Nanocrystalline materials have received
much attention as advanced engineering materials with improved physical and mechanical properties; in
particular greater strength, hardness, excellent ductility and toughness. Highly dense nanostructured Al2O3-
MgSiO3-SiO2 composites were produced with simultaneous application of 80 MPa and pulsed output current
of 2800A within 2 minutes. The sintering behavior, grain size and mechanical properties of Al2O3-MgSiO3-
SiO2 composites were investigated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.