Needle Insertion Simulator with Haptic Feedback
- Needle Insertion Simulator with Haptic Feedback
- 신승재; 박완주; 조현철; 박세형; 김래현
- Needle insertion; Medical simulation; Haptic feedback
- Issue Date
- Lecture notes in computer science
- VOL 6762, 119-124
- We introduce a novel injection simulator with haptic feedback which
provides realistic physical experience to the medical user. Needle insertion
requires very dexterous hands-on skills and fast and appropriate response to
avoid dangerous situations for patients. In order to train the injection operation,
the proposed injection simulator has been designed to generate delicate force
feedback to simulate the needle penetration into various tissues such as skin,
muscle, and blood vessels. We have developed and evaluated the proposed
simulator with medical doctors and realized that the system offers very realistic
haptic feedback with dynamic visual feedback.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.