Photoelectrochemical Polymerization of Thiophene on Self-Assembled RuL2(NCS)2/Di(3-Aminopropyl)Viologen on Indium Thin Oxide
- Photoelectrochemical Polymerization of Thiophene on Self-Assembled RuL2(NCS)2/Di(3-Aminopropyl)Viologen on Indium Thin Oxide
- 이원주; 형경희; 황윤희; 조병원; 이수형; 한성환
- Photoelectrochemical Polymerization; Self-Assembled Monolayers; Photoelectrochemical Cells; Polythiophene; Photoinduced Charge Transfer
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 11, NO 5, 4501-4505
- Polythiophene layers were formed on self-assembled monolayers (SAMs)/indium tin oxide (ITO)
using photoelectrochemical polymerization. The SAMs on ITO was prepared using Ru(4,4'-
dicarboxylic acid-2,2'-bipyridine)2(NCS)2 and di(3-aminopropyl)viologen. The photoelectrochemically
polymerized polythiophene layers on SAMs/ITO were characterized using UV-vis. absorption
spectroscopy, atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, and cyclic voltammetry. The
polymer layers have thickness of ~360 nm, a dense surface morphology, optical gap of 2.38 eV,
highest occupied molecular orbital of −5.2 eV and lowest unoccupied molecular orbital of −2.82 eV.
In photoelectrochemical cells, the polythiophene on SAMs/ITO electrode showed a photocurrent of
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.