Ce0.8Gd0.2O2 modification on La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3 cathode for improving a cell performance in intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Ce0.8Gd0.2O2 modification on La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3 cathode for improving a cell performance in intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- 윤정우; 한종희; 윤성필; 박상균; 김희수; 남석우
- ITSOFC; Diffusion barrier layer; Ce0.8Gd0.2O2; La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3; Intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 17, 439-444
- To increase the cell performance of solid oxide fuel cells operated at intermediate temperature (600–
800 ℃), Ce0.8Gd0.2O2 (GDC) was applied to the La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3 (LSCF) cathode in electrode
microstructure using sol–gel coating. We employed a GDC as a diffusion barrier layer on the yttriastabilized
zironia (YSZ) electrolyte to prevent the interlayer formation of SrZrO3, which has poor ionic
conductivity. This interfacial reaction product was hardly formed at the electrolyte–cathode interlayer
after sintering the GDC layer resulting to reduce the cathode polarization resistance. Moreover, we use
sol–gel method to coat GDC thin layer through the cathode pore wall surface to extend the triple phase
boundary (TPB) area. The cathode polarization resistance also reduced due to the additional TPB area. For
the single cell featuring LSCF cathode modified with GDC sol–gel coating, the maximum densities were
0.41 W/㎠ and 0.89 W/㎠ at 700 ℃ and 800 ℃.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.