White-light emitting surface-functionalized ZnSe quantum dots: europium complex-capped hybrid nanocrystal
- White-light emitting surface-functionalized ZnSe quantum dots: europium complex-capped hybrid nanocrystal
- 권병화; 장호성; 유형선; 김성욱; 강동석; 맹성렬; 장동선; 김현기; 전덕영
- quantum dot; luminescence
- Issue Date
- Journal of materials chemistry
- VOL 21, NO 34, 12812-12818
- A color-tunable emitter comprising Eu complex-capped ZnSe quantum dot (QD) organic–inorganic
hybrid nanocrystals (NCs) was simply synthesized by a hot-injection method, plus the addition of an
Eu precursor. Hybrid NCs have the emission of both Eu complexes and ZnSe QDs, and they show
bluish white light. In the case of composite NCs (Eu/Zn = 1.0), the emission increases up to 174%
compared with that of pristine ZnSe QDs. It is due to the sensitization of the Eu complex acting as an
antenna, so the energy obtained by the Eu complexes transfers to the ZnSe QDs. In addition, the NCs
have a strong excitation band in the near-UV region, which gives them an advantage over wavelength
converters for white light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The expected structure of the hybrid NCs was
verified by TEM, XRD, and XPS. It features a zinc blende crystal structure identical to the ZnSe QD,
along with Eu-based complexes that can be coordinated with the Se ion on the surface of ZnSe QDs.
Therefore, new organic–inorganic hybrid luminescent material using the emission of both QDs and
lanthanide (Ln) complexes can potentially serve as a light source in white LEDs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.