Quaternion-Based Orientation Estimation with Static Error Reduction
- Quaternion-Based Orientation Estimation with Static Error Reduction
- 서은호; 박찬수; 김도익; 송재복
- Quaternion; orientation; estimation; static error
- Issue Date
- International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA 2011)
- , 1624-1629
- Tracking the orientation or attitude of an object has
many applications in various research fields. This paper presents
a tracking system which estimates the orientation of an object
using an angular rate sensor, accelerometer, and magnetometer.
For the combined usage of the sensors, the Kalman filter and
the Factored Quaternion Algorithm (FQA) are applied to the
proposed system. We also propose a method to eliminate the drift
effect of the angular rate sensor in static state. The experimental
results show that the proposed tracking system can estimate an
accurate rotation of an object and can eliminate the drift effect
in static state.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.