Facile synthesis of nanosized Li4Ti5O12 in supercritical water
- Facile synthesis of nanosized Li4Ti5O12 in supercritical water
- 아궁; 김수진; 정경윤; 조병원; 이윤우; 김재훈
- supercritical water; Li4Ti5O12; Lithium titanate; High rate capability
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry communications
- VOL 13, NO 6, 650-653
- The high rate capability of lithium titanate (Li4Ti5O12, LTO) is prepared using supercritical hydrothermal
synthesis (SHS). The particle size, morphology, crystalline structure and electrochemical properties are
analyzed and compared to the properties of LTO particles prepared using a typical solid-state method (SS).
Nanosized LTO particles having a high crystallinity are produced in a very short reaction time (15 min) and
with subsequent calcination at a low temperature (700 °C) or it can be produced in 6 h without calcination.
The size of SHS particles is much smaller (20–200 nm, BET surface area of 10–38 ㎡ g−1) than that of the SS
particles (micron size, BET surface area of 5.4 ㎡ g−1). The SHS LTO particles are highly phase-pure while the
SS particles have impurity phases such as anatase TiO2, rutile TiO2 and Li2TiO3. The SHS LTO show higher initial
discharge capacity (212 mAhg−1) and better cycling stability compared to those of the SS LTO particles
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.