Electronic charge transfer in cobalt doped fullerene thin films and effect of energetic ion impacts by x-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Electronic charge transfer in cobalt doped fullerene thin films and effect of energetic ion impacts by x-ray absorption spectroscopy
- P. Thakur; Armi Kumar; 가우탐; 채근화
- Fullerene; Composite films; Ion beam; Raman; NEXAFS
- Issue Date
- Thin solid films
- VOL 519, NO 23, 8401-8405
- We report on the electronic charge transfer in cobalt doped fullerene thin films by means of near-edge x-rayabsorption
fine structure (NEXAFS) spectroscopy measurement. Co-doped fullerene films were prepared by
co-deposition technique and subjected to energetic ion irradiation (120 MeV Au) for possibly alignment or
interconnect of randomly distributed metal particles. Polarization dependent NEXAFS spectra revealed the
alignment of Co and C atoms along the irradiated ionic path. The structural changes in Co-doped as-deposited
and ion irradiated fullerene films were investigated by means of Raman spectroscopy measurements.
Downshift of pentagonal pinch mode Ag(2) in Raman spectroscopy indicated the electronic charge transfer
from Co atom to fullerene molecules, which is further confirmed by NEXAFS at C K-edge for Co-doped
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.