Luminescence properties of Ce3+ and Tb3+ co-activated ZnAl2O4 phosphor
- Luminescence properties of Ce3+ and Tb3+ co-activated ZnAl2O4 phosphor
- 챠바라라; 조소혜; 박종구; 피텔; 스왈트; 엔트와볼와
- zinc aluminate; phosphor; nano-powder; SrAl12O19; Praseodymium
- Issue Date
- Recently, wide band gap semiconductors and dielectrics have been of great interest as host lattices of rare earth ions to prepare light emitting materials (phosphors). Among the wide band gap semiconductors, zinc aluminate (ZnAl2O4) has emerged as the most interesting oxide spinel, which offers a combination of robust properties such as: high thermal and chemical stability, hydrophobic behavior, high mechanical resistance, low sintering temperature, and high melting temperature [1-3]. Different synthesis methods (e.g. sol gel, hot solutions, hydrothermal, or combustion) are already in place to prepare rare earth (RE) ions (Dy3+, Tb3+, Eu3+, Tm3+) doped ZnAl2O4 . In this study, the combustion method was used to prepare Ce3+-Tb3+ co-activated ZnAl2O4 phosphors. Compare to other methods, combustion has the advantage of producing phosphors with fine particles at relatively low temperatures in a short processing time . Energy transfer from Ce3+ to Tb3+ through down-conversion process was investigated. Characterization techniques such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy, and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) were used to study the structure, elemental composition and luminescent properties of ZnAl2O4:Ce3+, Tb3+.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.