Peculiar Temperature-Power Dependence of AlGaAs/GaAs Multi Quantum Well
- Peculiar Temperature-Power Dependence of AlGaAs/GaAs Multi Quantum Well
- 하싸안; 송진동; 최원준; 조남기; 이정일
- Multi Quantum Well; Power Law Dependence; Carrier Thermodynamics; Photoluminescence; Critical Exciton Temperature
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 11, NO 7, 6072-6075
- The dependence of the integrated photoluminescence on the excitation power intensity in
Al0 3Ga0 7As/GaAs multi quantum well is studied. Four peaks are found in the photoluminescence
spectra, which are corresponding to the four quantum wells in the sample. The temperature dependence
of the exponent α of the power law shows peculiar behavior for the quantum well of width
11.2 nm (peak C). The value of the exponent exceeds the quadratic value predicted by the steady
state model near room temperature. All other peaks shows linear dependence in the low temperature
range which switches to super linear in the high temperature range with values of α less than 2.
Carriers thermal capture and re-trapping is discussed. The presented results are a sign of thermal
dissociation of exciton in quantum well near room temperature. The peculiar behavior is attributed
to the excess flow of the charge carriers to this QW by thermal escape from other QWs, and also
due to excess free carriers because of exciton dissociation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.