Development of Stereoscopic Microscope System with Network Connectivity
- Development of Stereoscopic Microscope System with Network Connectivity
- 이호동; 김동원; 박민철; 손정영
- Microscope system; 3D Display; Middleware CORBA
- Issue Date
- 5th International Universal Communication Symposium
- Stereoscopic microscope system improves information quality and 3D sense. Digital stereoscopic microscope could be a very useful device for educational purposes in observing small or micro-sized objects such as insects and other curious objects in nature. However, the current digital stereoscopic microscopes are generally expensive and limited for educational applications. In this paper, we propose a digital stereoscopic microscope system with application software and middleware CORBA for enhancing manipulation function in observation. Also, network connectivity overcomes the physical distance between the microscope system and the users located in some places for taking the class. To explore the network connectivity, middleware CORBA is used. Application software is developed to align USB cameras automatically and generate arbitrary view points. Consequentially it settles down typical problems, and realizes interactive use.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.