Functional quantum nodes for entanglement distribution over scalable quantum network
- Functional quantum nodes for entanglement distribution over scalable quantum network
- C.-W. Chou; J. Laurat; H. Deng; 최경수; H. de Riedmatten; D. Felinto; H. J. Kimble
- Issue Date
- VOL 316, NO 5829, 1316-1320
- We demonstrated entanglement distribution between two remote quantum nodes located 3 meters
apart. This distribution involves the asynchronous preparation of two pairs of atomic memories
and the coherent mapping of stored atomic states into light fields in an effective state of nearmaximum
polarization entanglement. Entanglement is verified by way of the measured violation
of a Bell inequality, and it can be used for communication protocols such as quantum
cryptography. The demonstrated quantum nodes and channels can be used as segments of a
quantum repeater, providing an essential tool for robust long-distance quantum communication.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.