Epitaxial growths of Fe and MgO layers on GaAs (001): Microstructure and magnetic property
- Epitaxial growths of Fe and MgO layers on GaAs (001): Microstructure and magnetic property
- 김경호; 김형준; 안재평; 이승철; 원성옥; 최준우; 장준연; 김영근
- Fe; MgO; GaAs; MBE; Strain; Mg-rich
- Issue Date
- 2011 Nano Korea
- Microstructure and the corresponding magnetic property of epitaxial MgO and subsequent Fe layers grown on GaAs (001) substrates are investigated as a function of the epitaxial layer thicknesses of MgO and Fe. It is found that the MgO layers retain a 1.6nm thick Mg-rich amorphous layer at the initial stage of the MgO growths regardless of the MgO thickness. The existence of the Mg-rich amorphous layer at the interface between MgO and GaAs leads to in-plane misorientation off from the epitaxial relationship of MgO [1-10] // GaAs [1-10]. X-ray diffraction analysis reveals that the MgO layers are under in-plane compressive strain which is partially relaxed as the total MgO thickness increases from 4 to 20 nm. The misfit strain within the MgO layers results in three-dimensional Fe islands at lower nominal thickness with superparamagnetism, followed by serpentine-shaped Fe islands and complete two-dimensional Fe layer with ferromagnetism.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.