Surface modified mesoporous silica (SBA-15) for phosphate adsorbents in water
- Surface modified mesoporous silica (SBA-15) for phosphate adsorbents in water
- 이승연; 최재우; 이상협; 이해군; 이기봉; 홍석원
- Functionalized SBA-15; Mesoporous materials; Phosphate adsorption; Surfactant
- Issue Date
- VOL 25, NO 5, 719-724
- The excessive phosphate in water causes eutrophication which destroys water environment. In this study, mesoporous silica was synthesized and several functional groups were attached on it. Samples were tested to identify the ability to remove phosphate. The structures of synthesized materials were analyzed by X-ray diffractions (XRD), Fourier transform-infrared (FT-IR) and surface area analysis, Brunauer,Emmett,Teller (BET). To determine the maximum phosphate adsorption capacities and sorption rate, the equilibrium test and kinetic test was conducted. Among functionalized SBA-15 samples, pure SBA-15 didn’t adsorb phosphate but Al-SBA-15 and Ti-SBA-15 showed good performances to remove phosphate. The maximum phosphate adsorption capacity of Al-SBA-15 was efficient compared to other adsorbents.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.