Design of waveguide grating with ultrafast tunable index contrast
- Design of waveguide grating with ultrafast tunable index contrast
- 임선도; 황인각; 이관일; 김병윤; 이상배
- fiber; photonic; grating; laser
- Issue Date
- Optics express
- VOL 19, NO 14, 13047-13055
- A long-period waveguide grating (LPWG) with a tunable index contrast is proposed. The design features a simple configuration that consists of a two-mode waveguide formed on periodically poled lithium niobate with an angle with respect to its domain wall and a traveling-wave electrode. In the design, the electrical traveling wave introduces a periodic change in the refractive index of waveguide, which functions as a long-period waveguide grating that couples between symmetric and anti-symmetric core modes. The index contrast of grating can be controlled by the traveling-wave intensity. For application to ultrafast device, structural parameters satisfying velocity and impedance matching conditions are numerically calculated.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.