Expansion of spatial measurement range in a correlation based Brillouin optical sensing system
- Expansion of spatial measurement range in a correlation based Brillouin optical sensing system
- 정지호; 이관일; 정제명; 이상배
- fiber; laser; Brillouin; BOCDA; Stimulated Brillouin scattering; fiber optic sensor; Distributed sensor; strain monitoring
- Issue Date
- 21st International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors
- VOL 7753, 77532A-1-77532A-4
- We propose a novel technique for expansion of spatial measurement range in a Brillouin optical
correlation domain analysis (BOCDA) sensor system. Unlike conventional BOCDA, which has only a
single correlation peak within the sensing fiber, the proposed scheme has multiple correlation peaks
within the sensing section, and enables us to obtain selectively the physical information at a position
corresponding to each correlation peak since the fiber under test consists of different kinds of fibers
with different Brillouin frequency shifts. Using the proposed technique, we have successfully
expanded a measurement range while maintaining the spatial resolution.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.