Analysis of Light Trapping Effects in Si Solar Cells with Textured Surface by Ray Tracing Simulation
- Analysis of Light Trapping Effects in Si Solar Cells with Textured Surface by Ray Tracing Simulation
- 변석주; 변석용; 이장교; 김재완; 이택성; 조규만; 신동우; 탁성주; 김동환; 김원목
- Ray tracing; Si Solar Cell; Texture; Etching
- Issue Date
- Current applied physics
- VOL 11, NO 4, S23-S25
- The effects of the size and density of a pyramidal texture, as formed on the surface of Si solar cells to
increase the light trapping efficiency, on the optical reflectance and absorptance were examined by
comparing simulation results and experimental observations. A ray tracing algorithm capable of the
direct calculation of the absorbed energy in active Si was utilized for the simulation. The simulation
results showed that the optical reflectance spectra, i.e., the absorptances, of the textured surface with
a fixed density of pyramids were not affected by the pyramid pitch, whereas the spectra with varying
density of pyramids decreased with an increase in the density of the pyramids. Observations similar to
the simulation results were observed from the experimentally textured surfaces, indicating that the
density of the pyramid area, i.e., the area of the flat region, is the most crucial factor affecting the optical
behavior of a textured Si surface with three-dimensional pyramid patterns.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.