Comparative study of phosphate removal from aqueous solution by various surface modified adsorbents
- Comparative study of phosphate removal from aqueous solution by various surface modified adsorbents
- 이승연; 최재우; 홍석원; 김지은; 이상협
- Hydrotalcite; Modified; Phosphate removal; Sulfate coated
- Issue Date
- 2011 한국공업화학회 추계 총회 및 학술대회
- As excessive phosphate causes eutrophication and destroys the quality of water environment, more efficient methods for phosphate removal when it compared with present methods should be developed. For this reason, hydrotalcite which has lots of charged ions was applied to remove phosphate in wastewater. To improve its adsorption capacity, hydrotalcite was modified with sulfate onto surface. It was supposed that sulfate ion improves the phosphate adsorption capacity through ion exchange. Hydrotalcite was synthesized using powder form and also transformed to ball-type. Synthesized materials in this method were coated with sulfate. All samples were analyzed with XRD, FT-IR and BET. To determine each phosphate adsorption capacity of hydrotalcite and modified one, equilibrium and kinetic tests were conducted and analyzed by ion chromatography. Synthesized powder and ball-type hydrotalcite were compared each other. Modified hydrotalcite showed better phosphate adsorption capacity than raw hydrotalcite in both powder and ball-type.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.