Electronic Structure and Magnetic Properties of the Ni0.2Cd0.3Fe2.5-xAlxO4 (0≤x≤04) Ferrite Nanoparticles
- Electronic Structure and Magnetic Properties of the Ni0.2Cd0.3Fe2.5-xAlxO4 (0≤x≤04) Ferrite Nanoparticles
- S. Kumar; K. M. Batoo; 가우탐; B. K. Koo; Alimuddin; 채근화; H. Chung; C. G. Lee
- Ferrite Nanoparticles; XRD; DC Magnetization; TEM; NEXAFS
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 11, NO 1, 396-401
- The structural, magnetic, and electronic structural properties of Ni0.2Cd0.3Fe2.5−xAlxO4 ferrite nanoparticles were studied via X-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), DC magnetization, and near-edge X-ray absorption fine-structure spectroscopy (NEXAFS) measurements. Nanoparticles of Ni0.2Cd0.3Fe2.5−xAlxO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.4) ferrite were synthesized using the sol-gel method. The XRD and TEM measurements showed that all the samples had a single-phase nature with a cubic structure, and had nanocrystalline behavior. From the XRD and TEM analysis, it was found that the particle size increases with Al doping. The DC magnetization measurements revealed that the blocking temperature increases with increased Al doping. It was observed that the magnetic moment decreases with Al doping, which may be due to the dilution of the sublattice by the doping of the Al ions. The NEXAFS measurements performed at room temperature indicated that Fe exists in a mixed-valence state.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.