Irradiation induced ferromagnetism at room temperature in TiO2 thin films: X-ray magnetic circular dichroism characterizations
- Irradiation induced ferromagnetism at room temperature in TiO2 thin films: X-ray magnetic circular dichroism characterizations
- H. Thakur; P. Kumar; Ravi Kumar; N. B. Brookes; K. K. Shama; A, P. Singh; Y. Kumar; 가우탐; 채근화
- XMCD; ion Irradiation; Ferromagnatism
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 98, NO 19, 192512-1-192512-3
- We report on the room temperature ferromagnetism in the swift heavy ion (SHI) irradiated TiO2 thin films by x-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) and x-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD) experiments at the O K and Ti L3,2 absorption edges. The XAS/XMCD measurements provide direct evidence of magnetic polarization of the O 2p and Ti 3d orbitals. The unquenched orbital magnetic moment within the O 2p shell is ferromagnetically coupled to the neighboring Ti moments, which illustrates the intense hybridization of the O 2p and Ti 3d orbitals induced by SHI irradiation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.