Orbital anisotropy in SnO2 thin films and its modification by swift heavy ion irradiation
- Orbital anisotropy in SnO2 thin films and its modification by swift heavy ion irradiation
- H. Thakur; Ravi Kumar; P. Thakur; N. B. Brookes; K. K. Sharma; A. P. Singh; Y. Kumar; 가우탐; 채근화
- X-ray linear dichroism; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; swift heavy ion (SHI) irradiation; Electronica structure
- Issue Date
- Chemical physics letters
- VOL 511, NO 4-6, 322-325
- We report on the observation of a strong orbital anisotropy in the orthorhombic phase of SnO2 thin films
and its modification by swift heavy ion (SHI) irradiation. Structural investigations along with the Raman
spectroscopy show a significant distortion of the SnO6 octahedra after SHI irradiation. The X-ray absorption
and X-ray linear dichroism (XLD) experiments provide the direct evidences of change in orbital
anisotropy/electronic structure due to orbital reconstruction in the SnO2 lattice after irradiation. The
XLD measurements at the O K edge confirm the deterioration in the SnO6 octahedra due to controlled
structural disorder induced by SHI irradiation.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.