Structural, Magnetic and Electronic Structure Studies of Mn doped TiO2 Thin Films
- Structural, Magnetic and Electronic Structure Studies of Mn doped TiO2 Thin Films
- S. Kumar; 가우탐; G. W. Kim; F. Ahmed; M. S. Anwar; 채근화; H. K. Choi; H. Chung; B. H. Koo
- Electronic structure; Magnetic Properties; NEXAFS; DMS; XMCD; XRD; TiO2; Magnetization
- Issue Date
- Applied surface science
- VOL 257, NO 24, 10557-10561
- We report structural, magnetic and electronic structure study of Mn doped TiO2 thin films grown using
pulsed laser deposition method. The films were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), dc magnetization,
X-ray magnetic circular dichroism (XMCD) and near edge X-ray absorption fine structure
(NEXAFS) spectroscopy measurements. XRD results indicate that films exhibit single phase nature with
rutile structure and exclude the secondary phase related to Mn metal cluster or any oxide phase of Mn.
Magnetization studies reveal that both the films (3% and 5% Mn doped TiO2) exhibit room temperature
ferromagnetism and saturation magnetization increases with increase in concentration of Mn doping.
The spectral features of XMCD at Mn L3,2 edge show that Mn2+ ions contribute to the ferromagnetism.
NEXAFS spectra measured at O K edge show a strong hybridization between Mn, Ti 3d and O 2p orbitals.
NEXAFS spectra measured at Mn and Ti L3,2 edge show that Mn exist in +2 valence state, whereas, Ti is in
+4 state in Mn doped TiO2 films.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.