Relationship between microstructure and hydrogen permeation properties in the multiphase Ni21Ti23Nb56 alloy membranes
- Relationship between microstructure and hydrogen permeation properties in the multiphase Ni21Ti23Nb56 alloy membranes
- Edoardo Magnone; Sung Il Jeon; Jung Hoon Park; 에릭플러리
- membrane; Ni-Ti-Nb system; microstructure; scanning electron microscopy; hydrogen permeation
- Issue Date
- Journal of membrane science
- VOL 384, NO 1-2, 136-141
- The cooling rate has significant effects on the microstructure of Ti-Ni-Nb-based multiphase alloys. In
the present study the effect of the microstructure on the hydrogen permeation properties of multiphase
Ni21Ti23Nb56 alloy membrane was systematically investigated. Our result suggested a complementary
relation between the quantity of the primary bcc-(Ti, Nb) solid solution phase and hydrogen permeation
properties. The Ni21Ti23Nb56 alloy with about 70% surface fraction of primary phase bcc-(Nb-Ti) solid
solution showed the higher hydrogen permeability value of 7.48 ×10−8 mol/m s Pa1/2 at 450 ℃, which is
higher in value compared to Ti-Ni-Nb-based multiphase alloys reported in published works. Moreover,
comparison between the present experimental data and the literature was analyzed to illustrate the
capability of the proposed control of microstructure membrane for the improvement of the hydrogen
permeation properties of Ti-Ni-Nb -based multiphase alloys.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.