Synthesis of Cadmium Selenide Quantum Dots from a Non-Coordinating Solvent: Growth Kinetics and Particle Size Distribution
- Synthesis of Cadmium Selenide Quantum Dots from a Non-Coordinating Solvent: Growth Kinetics and Particle Size Distribution
- Park, Jeaho; 이관희; Galloway, Justin; Searson, Peter
- Issue Date
- The journal of physical chemistry. C, Nanomaterials and Interfaces
- VOL 112, NO 46, 17849-17854
- Here we report on the synthesis of CdSe quantum dots from a noncoordinating solvent. We show that nucleation
and growth is very fast and is completed within 100 s. The subsequent increase in average particle size is due
to diffusion limited coarsening. Growth and coarsening can be quenched by injection of dodecanethiol. Finally,
we compare the size distribution obtained from analysis of the absorption edge with the size distribution
obtained from analysis of transmission electron microscope images.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.