Exploiting Nucleation and Growth in the Synthesis and Electrical Passivation of CdSe Quantum Dots
- Exploiting Nucleation and Growth in the Synthesis and Electrical Passivation of CdSe Quantum Dots
- Galloway, Justin; Park, Jeaho; 이관희; Wirtz, Denis; Searson, Peter
- Quantum Dots; Core/Shell; CdSe; Nucleation; Growth; Passivation
- Issue Date
- Science of Advanced Materials
- VOL 1, NO 1, 93-100
- The synthesis of CdSe quantum dots (QDs) is usually achieved through reaction of the appropriate
precursors in a solution containing weakly adsorbing capping ligands. Here we compare nucleation
and growth of CdSe QDs synthesized in hexadecylamine and trioctylphosphine oxide with stearic
acid, hexylphosphonic phosphonic acid, or tetradecylphosphonic acid. We show that the nature of
the capping ligand dramatically influences nucleation and growth, and can be used to control QD
diameter and hence optical properties. We also show how electrical passivation with either ZnS or
(Cd, Zn)S influences the size and optical properties of the QDs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.