Microwave dielectric properties of BiNbO4 ceramics with CuO-V2O5 addition
- Microwave dielectric properties of BiNbO4 ceramics with CuO-V2O5 addition
- 이홍렬; 윤기현; 김응수; 최지원; Richard Boucher
- Sintering; Dielectric properties; Chemical synthesis; Microstructure
- Issue Date
- Ceramics international
- VOL 38S, S177-S181
- BiNbO4 ceramics were developed by using CuO–V2O5 as a liquid phase sintering agent. The resultant dielectric properties were analyzed in terms of the densification and the amount of CuO–V2O5 sintering agent. The addition of 0.8 wt.% CuO–V2O5 as its sintering agent was observed to perform most satisfactory. At 850 °C, uniform and enhanced microstructure was observed for the BiNbO4 specimen with 0.8 wt.% CuO–V2O5 addition. Furthermore, the effect of CuO–V2O5 addition on the microwave dielectric properties of BiNbO4 was also investigated. As the sintering temperature increased to 900 °C, the dielectric constant increased but nearly constant and the quality factor (QF) showed a maximum at 850 °C and then decreased for all compositions of the 900 °C sintered specimens. With an increase in CuO–V2O5 content, the temperature coefficient of frequency (TCF) increased in accordance with the dielectric mixing rule and microstructural behavior.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.